Look For Date to our Food Show!
Please support our sponser partnerships! Check back for date to there food shows!
2021 MCCA Pastry Chef of the Year Nomination Form
Deadline for submission of all forms, including bio, and photographic head shot is July 31, 2021.
It is time to once again nominate candidates for our prestigious 2021 Pastry Chef of the Year Award. We have many outstanding chefs within the organization. This is your chance to see that a deserving recipient receives due recognition. Please complete the form below to nominate your candidate. The guidelines for nomination are:
- Individuals cannot have received this award within the last five years.
- Must be an active MCCA member, and an ACF member for at least 1 year.
- Must be a paid member in good standing within the organization.
- Must compete in a baking skills competition with all other category nominees concurrently with the Chef of the Year Competition on August , 2021 at Dorsey Culinary Academy – Roseville Campus beginning at 12:00 Noon. The Pastry Chef of the Year Competition is Category KP1.
- Should have contributed greatly to furthering the culinary profession and demonstrate exemplary skills in pastry arts.
- Should exemplify the Culinarian’s Code.
These most recent recipients from the last five years are not eligible: Amy Knoles, Eric Voigt, Ben Robison, CEPC, Mark Slessor, CEPC and Ryse Swanson.
This year’s event will be held Monday, September 13, 2021 at Motor City Casiono, Detroit, MI.
NOTE: If the nomination is accepted by the candidate, a photographic headshot image and short bio (200 words or less) are required.
For submission and potential advancement to the Central Region Competitions, a comprehensive packet must be submitted to ACF National. This packet should contain a high-resolution Head Shot in Chef Coat/Toque Optional, Short Bio, Extended Bio, Resume, List of Accomplishments, List of Competitions and Certifications (ACF and others). Also include any major contributions or service to the ACF, the MCCA and the industry in general. Basically anything that you think will help you stand out and distinguish you. Pictures of your work are welcome as well. Ideally, all should be scanned and turned in as a comprehensive electronic packet. Not sure how to do that? Just ask for help.