Tobin Looman Foundation Professional Scholarships
The Tobin Looman Foundation (a non-profit group associated with StoryPoint), has created two (2) $2000.00 scholarships to be awarded to two professional MCCA members in 2019.
The Tobin Looman Foundation was created to honor the legacy of the late Toby Looman, Executive Chef and MCCA member, who passed away unexpectedly this year. Chef Toby was an advocate and supporter of continuing education for culinary professionals, and these scholarships are intended to offer opportunitites to those who might not otherwise be able to take advantage of travel classes or regional/national conventions.
These scholarships are offered with the following criteria:
- Applicant must be a professional member in good standing of the MCCA.
- Applicant must use the funds to pay for a class or conference that awards college credit or continuing education points toward ACF certification or recertification.
- Applicant must provide a letter requesting consideration for the scholarship list11ing the proposed class or conference, estimated cost, and a brief description of how the class or conference will further their career.
- Must submit completed application by November 7, 2019.
- Awards will be announced by the end of November 2019.
How to apply:
Complete the following form: