Scholarship & Grants
STUDENTS: Leopold Schaeli Award and Leon Korstjens Award
These two scholarships awarded to students each year through the Michigan Chefs de Cuisine Educational Institute (MCCEI). They may be awarded on the basis of merit to deserving individuals who meet Michigan residence requirements. The scholarships will be limited to Hospitality and Culinary Arts training in a post-secondary Michigan school. Such scholarships must be applied for through the Michigan Chefs de Cuisine Association. Previous recipients may reapply for additional scholarships. Biannual deadlines for receipt of applications: May 1 and November 1.
Click below to download the MCCEI Scholarship application. Please mail the completed application and all supporting documents to: The Detroit Athletic Club, 241 Madison, Detroit, MI 48226, Attention: Chef Kevin Brennan
STUDENTS: Restaurantware Icons Scholarship Program
As a leading supplier of contemporary kitchen supplies, Restaurantware is always driving the industry standard for innovation and quality. We know that the ideas and dreams of tomorrow’s chefs are just as important as today’s icons. We are showing our support for future culinarians through the Restaurantware Icons Scholarship Program.
Restaurantware will provide two $1,000 grants each year to culinary students that have displayed the same passion and enthusiasm for innovation in the foodservice industry as Restaurantware. One grant will be provided in the first half of each calendar year, and the other one will be provided at the end of each calendar year. Eligible students need to be currently enrolled or planning to enroll full time in the fields of Culinary Arts, Hospitality Management, or a similar program at an accredited culinary arts school or college.
STUDENTS & PROFESSIONALS: AAC Scholarships
The American Academy of Chefs (AAC), the honor society of the American Culinary Federation (ACF), offers educational scholarships to high school students, college students, professional chefs looking to further their education or become certified and student culinary teams currently competing at ACF Regional and National conferences.
PROFESSIONALS: Kevin Enright Continuing Education Grant
Each year, the MCCA will offer two $500 awards to worthy MCCA professionals for the purpose of their continued education.
- The award is open to Active, Allied and Associate Members of the MCCA in good standing for at least one year.
- Candidates must be active in the MCCA attending at least five (5) meetings out of the nine (9) monthly meetings per year.
- Awards are given each fall and spring.
- The award may be received only once in a three-year period.
- The educational program can take place anywhere in the world, but must be of a culinary nature.
- The application, copy of your ACF membership card, cost of educational program, and proof of payment should be submitted with the application form and written explanation of “How this activity benefits my career in the culinary arts.”
- All accepted entries will be assigned a number and placed into a hat for a random drawing.
- A check from the MCCEI will be written to reimburse the winner of the drawing upon receiving an article for The Michigan Chefs to share the learning experience with your fellow members. Biannual deadlines for receipt of applications: May 1 and November 1.
Please mail the completed application and all supporting documents to: The Detroit Athletic Club, 241 Madison, Detroit, MI 48226, Attention: Chef Kevin Brennan
Stay Connected. Sign up for the MCCA email program →
Join the MCCA Today!
Boost your culinary career. Gain access to experts in the culinary profession. Stay on top of the latest trends in culinary arts.