Next Chapter Meeting
Meeting Hosts: TBA
Cost: Members and all students with ID $15. Non-members and guests $20. Includes all food and non-alcoholic beverages. Donations go to MCCA Educational Institute.
Who’s Invited: ACF members, chefs, students and educators and all foodservice industry personnel and vendors. Also, all members of the RCA, IFT, CCA, CMAA, ISES, NACUFS, NACE, DMA, MRA.
Dress Code: Business casual. No jeans please. Dress chef coats acceptable, but not typically worn.
Achatz Handmade Pie Co. Haunted Gingerbread House Challenge
Achatz Handmade Pie Co. (AHPC) invites all Michigan Culinary Students to enter our Haunted Gingerbread House Challenge this Halloween. Students will have an opportunity to showcase their exquisite culinary skills to the community by entering a Haunted Gingerbread House for a Grand Prize of $2,000, 2nd Place of $1,000 & 3rd Place of $500. Houses will be on display & open for viewing October 8th-29th at our Troy pie shop. Gingerbread displays will be publicized by AHPC in a variety of channels including newspaper ads and social media. A panel of celebrity judges will vote for each winner at an Award Ceremony hosted by AHPC. Our Troy location is currently under construction. You may be notified of a change in location closer to the competition.
Culinary institute of Michigan – Muskegon Inaugural ACF Sanctioned Culinary Competition
Where: Culinary institute of Michigan Muskegon, 336 W. Clay Ave., Muskegon, MI 49440
We are very excited to bring the SW and SWP categories co-created by Dorsey Culinary Academy and the the Culinary Institute of Michigan Port Huron to the west side of the state. These student categories are ideal for students who are interested in competing but hesitant to try a signature dish. They have been approved by the national competition committee and students competing in them are eligible for an ACF Student medal if they score the requisite amount of points. It is a great way to introduce students to the ACF and all it has to offer.
Download additional information HERE
Download application HERE
Ford Field Project
What we do:
We provide ServSafe Certified Culinarians/Chefs/Cooks to review each of the foodservice operations throughout the building during events. These operations are all run by non-profit organizations as fundraisers for their respective groups and they are generally not culinarians. We assist the staff at Levy Restaurants (Compass Group), the company that runs the foodservice operations at Ford Field, in coordination with the City of Detroit Sanitarians with insuring safe food service. Some of our more experience chefs also work in various culinary staff positions in the Hall of Legends and in the suites in action stations.
What you do:
- Typically a 4-6 hour shift starting before each event and ending shortly after the beginning of the game or event. Some shifts may be slightly longer depending on your assignment.
- Inspect booths and work with the volunteers to train and insure safe food service.
- Work action stations.
- Work on special prep for additional foodservice items.
What we require:
- Current ServSafe Certification with strong knowledge of same.
- Absolute work ethic. Due to the nature of this business, NO SHOWS are not tolerated.
- Willingness to do whatever is assigned.
- Solid culinary skills.
- Professional appearance, specific attire required.
- Must be a member of the Michigan Chefs de Cuisine.
- Culinary students are welcome.
What we offer:
- $125 is paid to the MCCA by Levy for Culinary Scholarships. The MCCA provides YOU a $75 stipend per shift.
- Your work helps us raise funds for future scholarships.
- You can stay and watch the balance of the game or event post shift.
- MCCA logoed chef coat after working at least 3 events to wear at the games.
- Opportunity to work with and see BOH operations of a world class organization.
How to apply:
Complete the following form:
Stay Connected. Sign up for the MCCA email program →
Join the MCCA Today!
Boost your culinary career. Gain access to experts in the culinary profession. Stay on top of the latest trends in culinary arts.