Submitting Employment Opportunity Ads
Employment opportunity ads are $150. Please download and complete the information sheet on placing job ads, along with the contract, and submit with payment in full to Michigan Chefs de Cuisine, 4 Vigilance Court, Bolingbrook, IL 60440. Make your check payable to the Michigan Chefs de Cuisine. In addition to the completed contract and payment, we need a Microsoft Word file or text-only document that includes the following:
- Brief job description
- Skills and other requirements
- Approximate salary range
- How to apply
- Where to submit a resumé
Ads will be published on our website, Facebook and LinkedIn pages, and will be posted to these locations within a 3 of days of receipt of the ad, depending on timing. Deadlines are the 15th of the previous month. Ads may be removed early if you successfully complete a hire.
January 2019: Pastry Chef, The Chop House – Ann Arbor / La Dolce Vita
We are looking for an experienced Pastry Chef to be responsible for preparing a variety of high quality pastries, pies, breads, fillings, tarts, bombes, decorated cakes, fancy cookies, and candies. This position will create specialty items for our restaurant, special events, large and small banquets. The ideal candidate is well-versed in culinary arts with a passion for the industry. He or she must be able to balance a la carte offerings and large scale banquet production. The Pastry Chef is critical in the delivery of a complete, balanced culinary experience. This is a full time position with hours varying seasonally.
• Proven two years relevant experience
• ServSafe Certification preferred or the ability to obtain certification
• Great attention to detail, creativity, organization and leadership skills
• In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation, baking techniques, and nutrition
• Ability to work independently but with guidance and support from the unit chef and Executive chef
• Guest interactions during service and representing the company at events
• Prepare a wide variety of baked goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes
• Create new and exciting desserts to support changing menus and engage regular guests
• Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting
• Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders
• Check material quality and equipment condition used for preparation and cooking process
• Maintain a sanitary work environment
• Utilize knives, hand tools, utensils, and equipment to decorate, weigh, measure, maintain holding temperature, bake, cook, whip, refrigerate, fold, grate, pipe, coat, or otherwise produce food
• Support other culinary/kitchen operations as needed and assigned
Minimum Physical Job Requirements:
• Must be able to communicate and maintain an effective rapport with management, employees and dining room staff.
• Must be able to carry up to 50-pounds.
Chef Brent Courson
Join the MCCA Today!
Boost your culinary career. Gain access to experts in the culinary profession. Stay on top of the latest trends in culinary arts.