June 2019 Chapter Meeting
When: June 3, 2019 at 6:00 p.m.
Host Chef: TBA
Cost: ACF & MCCA members and students $15; not-yet-members and guests $20
- All ACF members, not-yet members, chefs, students and educators
- All food service industry personnel
- Members of Meadowbrook Country Club
- Members of the Club Management Association of America
- Members of the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs
- Other Allied Industry Association members including CCF, MRLA, DRLA, RCA, IFT, ISES, NACE, NACUFS
- General Public and Foodies
Dress Code: Business casual. No jeans please. Dress chef coats acceptable, but not typically worn.
CHECK BACK SOON
Ford Field Project
Interested in working at Ford Field for Lions games, concerts and events and helping the Chapter raise money while getting paid? We are looking for qualified culinarians to assist us.
What we do:
We provide ServSafe Certified Culinarians/Chefs/Cooks to review each of the foodservice operations throughout the building during events. These operations are all run by non-profit organizations as fundraisers for their respective groups and they are generally not culinarians. We assist the staff at Levy Restaurants (Compass Group), the company that runs the foodservice operations at Ford Field, in coordination with the City of Detroit Sanitarians with insuring safe food service. Some of our more experience chefs also work in various culinary staff positions in the Hall of Legends and in the suites in action stations.
What you do:
- Typically a 4-6 hour shift starting before each event and ending shortly after the beginning of the game or event. Some shifts may be slightly longer depending on your assignment.
- Inspect booths and work with the volunteers to train and insure safe food service.
- Work action stations.
- Work on special prep for additional foodservice items.
What we require:
- Current ServSafe Certification with strong knowledge of same.
- Absolute work ethic. Due to the nature of this business, NO SHOWS are not tolerated.
- Willingness to do whatever is assigned.
- Solid culinary skills.
- Professional appearance, specific attire required.
- Must be a member of the Michigan Chefs de Cuisine.
- Culinary students are welcome.
What we offer:
- $125 is paid to the MCCA by Levy for Culinary Scholarships. The MCCA provides YOU a $75 stipend per shift.
- Your work helps us raise funds for future scholarships.
- You can stay and watch the balance of the game or event post shift.
- MCCA logoed chef coat after working at least 3 events to wear at the games.
- Opportunity to work with and see BOH operations of a world class organization.
How to apply:
Complete the following form:
Join the MCCA Today!
Boost your culinary career. Gain access to experts in the culinary profession. Stay on top of the latest trends in culinary arts.