Next Chapter Meeting
Meeting Host: TBA
Host Chefs: TBA
Cost: Members and all students with ID $15. Non-members and guests $20
- All ACF members, not-yet members, chefs, students and educators
- All food service industry personnel
- Members of Meadowbrook Country Club
- Members of the Club Management Association of America
- Members of the Chaîne des Rôtisseurs
- Other Allied Industry Association members including CCF, MRLA, DRLA, RCA, IFT, ISES, NACE, NACUFS
Holiday Gingerbread House Challenge
Achatz Handmade Pie Co. (AHPC) invites all Michigan Culinary Students and Culinary Professionals to
enter our Holiday Gingerbread House Challenge. You will have an opportunity to showcase your exquisite culinary skills to the community by entering an edible Gingerbread House made from your choice of sweets and treats for a Grand Prize of $2,000, 2nd Place of $1,000 & 3rd Place of $500. Houses will be on display & open for viewing December 6th – 16th at our Troy pie shop. The edible gingerbread houses will be publicized by AHPC in a variety of channels including newspaper ads and social media. A panel of celebrity judges and ACF members will vote for each winner at an Award Ceremony hosted by AHPC.
We are proud to announce our new sponsorship partners this year: Guittard Chocolates, Star of the West Milling Co., and Dawn Foods. Because of their generosity, we will be able to offer various ingredients to assist in the concoction of your gingerbread house!
Ford Field Project
Interested in working at Ford Field for Lions games, concerts and events and helping the Chapter raise money while getting paid? We are looking for qualified culinarians to assist us.
What we do:
We provide ServSafe Certified Culinarians/Chefs/Cooks to review each of the foodservice operations throughout the building during events. These operations are all run by non-profit organizations as fundraisers for their respective groups and they are generally not culinarians. We assist the staff at Levy Restaurants (Compass Group), the company that runs the foodservice operations at Ford Field, in coordination with the City of Detroit Sanitarians with insuring safe food service. Some of our more experience chefs also work in various culinary staff positions in the Hall of Legends and in the suites in action stations.
What you do:
- Typically a 4-6 hour shift starting before each event and ending shortly after the beginning of the game or event. Some shifts may be slightly longer depending on your assignment.
- Inspect booths and work with the volunteers to train and insure safe food service.
- Work action stations.
- Work on special prep for additional foodservice items.
What we require:
- Current ServSafe Certification with strong knowledge of same.
- Absolute work ethic. Due to the nature of this business, NO SHOWS are not tolerated.
- Willingness to do whatever is assigned.
- Solid culinary skills.
- Professional appearance, specific attire required.
- Must be a member of the Michigan Chefs de Cuisine.
- Culinary students are welcome.
What we offer:
- $125 is paid to the MCCA by Levy for Culinary Scholarships. The MCCA provides YOU a $75 stipend per shift.
- Your work helps us raise funds for future scholarships.
- You can stay and watch the balance of the game or event post shift.
- MCCA logoed chef coat after working at least 3 events to wear at the games.
- Opportunity to work with and see BOH operations of a world class organization.
How to apply:
Complete the following form:
2019 MCCA Holiday Party
You, your spouse and your children are invited to the Holiday Party compliments of The Michigan Chefs de Cuisine.
When: Sunday after Thanksgiving, December 1, 2019
Where: Steve & Rocky’s, 43150 Grand River, Novi, MI 48375. Located on Grand River 1/4 mile East of Novi Road
- Dinner, courtesy of the Michigan Chefs de Cuisine, prepared and presented by Steve & Rocky’s of Novi
- A2 Magic show
- Gift raffle of donated gifts adds a little excitement for both the adults and children and pays for the Magic Show, (examples of gifts are homemade: cakes, cookies, or a bottle of wine). Each family is asked to bring a gift valued between $15 and $20 for the raffle
- Santa will visit and bring gifts for the children twelve and under
Guest policy: Immediate Family (Spouse, children, step-children) are included. Your extended family including parents, grandparents, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles, etc., friends and other children are welcome to attend for $35.00 each. Children up to age 12 are only $15.00. Please pay for your guest(s) at the registration desk when you arrive. Make checks payable to: Michigan Chefs de Cuisine, not ACF/MCCA or MCCA.
How to Register:
- Complete the form below and submit.
- or email registration information to Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org
- or call Mike Rooney at 248-258-5533
- or print and mail the completed registration form to Mike Rooney, Rooney Personnel Company: 1000 S. Old Woodward, Ste. 107, Birmingham, MI 48009
- or print and complete the registration form and bring it to Mike Rooney at the November MCCA Chapter Meeting
Join the MCCA Today!
Boost your culinary career. Gain access to experts in the culinary profession. Stay on top of the latest trends in culinary arts.