2018 MCCA Student Chef of the Year Nomination Form
Deadline for submissions is July 31, 2018
It is time to once again nominate candidates for our prestigious 2018 Student Chef of the Year Award. We have many outstanding student chefs within the organization. This is your chance to see that a deserving recipient receives due recognition. Please complete the form below to nominate your candidate. The guidelines for nomination are:
- One student from each accredited school may be nominated. The Student nominated from each school will be recognized at the Annual Awards Gala. Each Student of the Year from each school will receive one complementary ticket for dinner. Additional tickets for guests may be purchased.
- Each nominated student will have the option to compete with the Student of the Year from each of the other schools for the overall MCCA Student Chef of the Year Award. In order for that student to be promoted to the ACF Regional and National Level by the MCCA, they must meet the ACF National age eligibility requirements. They must be no more than 25 years of age on June 1, 2020.) The MCCA Student Competition date is Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at Dorsey Culinary Academy – Waterford/Pontiac Campus beginning at 12:00 Noon, and will run concurrently with the Chef of the Year Competition. The Student competition is Category SK1 Chicken or SP1.
- Individuals cannot have previously have received this award.
- Students must join and be a student member of the MCCA by the date of the competition.
- Should exemplify the Culinarian’s Code.
This year’s award dinner will be held Monday, October 1, 2018 at Walnut Creek Country Club, South Lyon, MI, hosted by Drew Sayes, CEC, executive chef and presented by 2017 Chef of the Year Robbie Coran, chef de cuisine, Walnut Creek Country Club.
For submission and potential advancement to the Central Region Competitions, a comprehensive packet must be submitted to Brian Lorge prior to the Annual Awards Gala. The MCCA’s time to complete this information is very limited and must be submitted the day after the Gala. This packet should contain a high-resolution Head Shot in Chef Coat/Toque Optional, Short Bio, Extended Bio, Resume, List of Accomplishments, List of Competitions and Certifications (ACF and others). Also include any major contributions or service to the ACF, the MCCA and the industry in general. Basically anything that you think will help you stand out and distinguish you. Pictures of your work are welcome as well. Ideally, all should be scanned and turned in as a comprehensive electronic packet. Not sure how to do that? Just ask for help.