2018 MCCA Pastry Chef of the Year Nomination Form
- Individuals cannot have received this award within the last five years.
- Must be an active MCCA member, and an ACF member for at least 1 year.
- Must be a paid member in good standing within the organization.
- Must compete in a baking skills competition with all other category nominees concurrently with the Chef of the Year Competition on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at Dorsey Culinary Academy – Waterford/Pontiac Campus beginning at 12:00 Noon. The Pastry Chef of the Year Competition is Category KP1.
- Should have contributed greatly to furthering the culinary profession and demonstrate exemplary skills in pastry arts.
- Should exemplify the Culinarian’s Code.
These most recent recipients from the last five years are not eligible: Richard Wolfram, CEPC, Amy Knoles, Eric Voigt, Ben Robison, CEPC and Mark Slessor, CEPC.
This year’s award dinner will be held Monday, October 1, 2018 at Walnut Creek Country Club, South Lyon, MI, hosted by Drew Sayes, CEC, executive chef and presented by 2017 Chef of the Year Robbie Coran, chef de cuisine, Walnut Creek Country Club.
For submission and potential advancement to the Central Region Competitions, a comprehensive packet must be submitted to Brian Lorge prior to the Annual Awards Gala. The MCCA’s time to complete this information is very limited and must be submitted the day after the Gala. This packet should contain a high-resolution Head Shot in Chef Coat/Toque Optional, Short Bio, Extended Bio, Resume, List of Accomplishments, List of Competitions and Certifications (ACF and others). Also include any major contributions or service to the ACF, the MCCA and the industry in general. Basically anything that you think will help you stand out and distinguish you. Pictures of your work are welcome as well. Ideally, all should be scanned and turned in as a comprehensive electronic packet. Not sure how to do that? Just ask for help.