2018 MCCA Educator of the Year Nomination Form
Deadline for submissions is July 31, 2018
It is time to once again nominate candidates for our prestigious 2018 Educator of the Year Award. We have many outstanding educators within the organization. This is your chance to see that a deserving recipient receives due recognition. Please complete the form below to nominate your candidate. The guidelines for nomination are:
- One educator from each accredited school may be nominated.
- Individuals cannot have received this award within the last five years. Not Eligible: Doug Ganhs, CEC, ACE, Sue Baier, FM, Chris Misiak, CEC, CCE, Jeff Wolf, CCC and Terri Herrera, CCE, MS.
- Must be an active MCCA member, and an ACF member for at least 1 year.
- Must be a paid member in good standing within the organization.
- Should have contributed greatly to furthering the culinary profession and demonstrate exemplary skills in culinary or pastry arts.
- Should exemplify the Culinarian’s Code.
This year’s award dinner will be held Monday, October 1, 2018 at Walnut Creek Country Club, South Lyon, MI, hosted by Drew Sayes, CEC, executive chef and presented by 2017 Chef of the Year Robbie Coran, chef de cuisine, Walnut Creek Country Club.
For submission and potential advancement to the Central Region Competitions, a comprehensive packet must be submitted to Brian Lorge prior to the Annual Awards Gala. The MCCA’s time to complete this information is very limited and must be submitted the day after the Gala. This packet should contain a high-resolution Head Shot in Chef Coat/Toque Optional, Short Bio, Extended Bio, Resume, List of Accomplishments, List of Competitions and Certifications (ACF and others). Also include any major contributions or service to the ACF, the MCCA and the industry in general. Basically anything that you think will help you stand out and distinguish you. Pictures of your work are welcome as well. Ideally, all should be scanned and turned in as a comprehensive electronic packet. Not sure how to do that? Just ask for help.