Registration Now Open: ACF Approved Culinary Salon
October 13 and 14 at The Suburban Collection Showplace
Register now for the upcoming ACF approved culinary salon, held during the Michigan Restaurant Show on October 13 and 14, 2015, at the Suburban Collection Showplace in Novi, Michigan. Download the Agreement Form, Application Form, and Information Form, and return to Jeremy Abbey, CEC, CEPC, CCE, CCA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 313-580-2823.
Michigan Restaurant Show 2015 - Suburban Collection Showplace, October 13 and 14, 2015
Attend the Show
The show runs from Tuesday 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. to Wednesday 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Free Registration for ACF Members. Use ACF2015 as the registration code at michiganrestaurantshow.org.
ACF Chapter Mixer
Enjoy live entertainment, heavy hors d'oeuvres, and beverages at the ticket-only event. Mingle witih the show exhibitors and Michigan's restaurant industry VIPs. Must be registered for the Show and present this ticket to enter..
This will take the place of our monthly chapter meeting. Watch some of Michigan's most talented chefs in the American Culinary Federation (ACF) professional culinary competition on Tuesday, October 13 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. This cold-plating competition is sure to inspire and impress. Awards will be presented at 3:00 p.m.
Live Demos - Spotlight Theater sponsored by Gordon Food Service
- Tuesday, October 13
- 10:00 a.m. - Modern Plating: Presentation matters. Learn modern plating techniques from Rich Rosendale, CMC.
- 12 noon - Beyond Morels; Cooking with Michigan Mushrooms - Explore, learn, and enjoy the bounty of Michigan’s mushroom varieties.
- 2:00 p.m. - Mediterranean Food - Explore the food, culture, nutrition, and lifestyle of Italy as Chef Hill shares his experiences.
- 4:00 p.m. - Fall Desserts
- Wednesday, October 14
- 10:00 a.m. - Cooking with Craft Beer - Join Matthew Fitchett, CEC, executive chef, Big Rock Chop House, as he demonstrates ways to enhance flavors using craft beers, from pickling to your own mustards.
- 12 noon - Cooking for Guests with Food Allergies - Executive Chef Steve Dorey shares best practices on ways to ensure the safety of the more than 10 million food allergic customers.
- 2:00 p.m. - Commodity Competition Winner Presentation - Join us as the 2015 Recipe Contest Winners are unveiled and sample their dishes.
Seminars and Workshops
- Tuesday, October 13, 1:00 p.m. Catering to Michigan's Cultural Diversity Series: Explore the impacts of Michigan's globalization on the foodservice industry, and strategies for catering to an increasingly diverse customer base. Presented by 7cLingo.
- Tuesday, October 13, 3:00 p.m. Imagine Life without CO2: At this session learn about beverage grade CO2 for soda, its necessity, importance, emerging regulations and safety concerns, and why restaurateurs need to be aware. Presented by Glenn Rivers, Coca-Cola, and Robert Arthur, Leonard's Syrups.
- Wednesday, October 14, 1:00 p.m. Wine Not on your Menu? Looking for the perfect wines to present on your menu this holiday season? Join us for a pairing event hosted by Kimberly Bricker, Fine Wine Specialist at Imperial Beverage. Experience main course and dessert samples with versatile wine offerings that are sure to be a crowd pleaser.
- Wednesday, October 14, 3:00 p.m. Pure Beer is Great Beer: Learn strategies to keep your beer tasting great! Presented by craft beer leader, Larry Bell from Bell's, and Leonard's Syrups.